What personal information do we collect?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services, and to allow our users to set up a user account and make purchases via the Site. We collect the following types of information from our customers.
Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, gender, zip code, country, IP address, browser information, and, if you make a purchase through our Site, your credit card number, credit card security code, expiration date, billing address, and shipping address. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our Site features, and you may not be able to complete a purchase through the Site. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to purchase items, improving the content of the Site, customizing the content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features.
We do not direct any of our content specifically to children. Users of our Site are required to be at least 18 years old and any user under 18 is not an authorized user. If we learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will promptly delete any Personal Information we have collected about that user.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Site or services. We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, the page you requested, and any items you may purchase. This information may be used to customize the content you see on our Site or to communicate with you about specials and new features.
- Usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components may also be used in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Site or services so that we can make the Site appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our Site, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Company never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
E-mail Communications: We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us if your computer supports this type of program. We use this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and improve our service. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference by making a modification on your account page or by using the "Unsubscribe" feature in any email we send to you.
- Cookies are identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will we share any of the personal information?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items to you through the Site. In other situations, we provide services, or sell products jointly, with affiliated businesses. You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
Employees: We restrict access to your Personal Information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is one of the business assets that may be transferred. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that would be transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Company may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Company and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law, enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Is my personal information secure?
Your Company account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
When our order form asks users to enter Personal Information such as a credit card number, that information is encrypted with industry-standard Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") encryption to keep your online order safe and secure. When the letters "http" in the URL address change to "https", the "s" indicates you are in a secure area employing SSL. Company also maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect your Personal Information.
We endeavor to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What are my choices?
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information to use, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Site features, including the ability to purchase items through the Site.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What personal information can I access?" section above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our private records.
- If you do not wish to receive email or other mail from us, including promotional offers, please indicate this preference by using the "Unsubscribe" feature in any email we send to you. Please note that if you do not want to receive legal notices from us, such as this Policy, those legal notices will still govern your use of the Company Site, and you are responsible for reviewing such legal notices for changes.
Changes to Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. Use of information we collect now is subject to the Policy in effect at the time such information is used. If we make changes in the way we use Personal Information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our Site or sending you an email. Users are bound by any changes to the Policy when he or she uses the Site after such changes have been first posted.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: April 11, 2017